Saturday 27 October 2012

Butter wouldn't melt in her mouth

We had the pleasure of babysitting our beautiful little granddaughter today, and she loves to help me bake cakes.  With this in mind, I decided to quickly run up a little apron for her to wear, instead of taking one of mine and folding it over several times so that she could walk.

The apron needs a little adjustment as you can see, but she was really happy to dress the part before our cake baking session.  This look is definitely one of "butter wouldn't melt in her mouth"  looks- of course this angelic pose didn't last for the whole day.


One other item I am working on is Kwik Sew 3643 top which is coming along nicely, and I have bitten the bullet and unpicked the waistband and side seams of the first Jalie jeans because they are just too loose and it was really annoying me.  I HATE UNPICKING but I love the jeans and they just need taking in - another job for tomorrow.

The clocks go back here in the UK, so technically we are meant to get an extra hour in bed, however its hard enough to persuade my D Mike to stay in bed later than 7am - goodness know what time he will be up tomorrow - probably 6am lol.

Have a great day/evening and I'll catch you later................



10 comments:

  1. So cute - almost angelic. Hope she gets a lot of wear from the apron. You are creating memories for her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable - hope you had fun baking! I agree with Ruth about creating memories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun... to spend some cooking time with your grandaughter.. She is adorable and so is her apron.. I made aprons for my grandaughters too.. It was so fun for me and them.ha
    I agree........I HATE to pick out something , I have sewed..so not fun.. But the jeans are so cute, you
    will be so happy you did it..
    I so understand the extra hour of sleep.. I say,"oh boy, we get to sleep another hour" , Kenny , on the other hand .. will be up an hour early.eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh!!
    Hope you have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I know what you mean about that nagging feeling of something not quite right...not surprised to hear your are reworking those beautiful black jeans!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an adorable little girl! I see the almost-hidden spark of mischief in her eyes...enjoy your time with her!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cutie. My little girl adores baking with her Nana. In consolation, my little man was up at 4 today! No lie in for me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. SOoo cute. My children have lovely memories of the time spent im my mothers kitchen when they were small. They didn't have such a lovely apron though ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sooooo cute. Hope you had fun baking with her.

    We change time Nov. 4. One thing I loved about living in Dawson Creek -- we never changed our clocks; we stayed on daylight savings time year round.

    ReplyDelete