Saturday 6 October 2012

Nancy Zieman's helpful tutorial

Hi All

I hope your working week has been better than mine ---- agrrrrrrrrrrr my goodness the weekend couldn't come soon enough.

Thursday and Friday evening I spent some time working on another black bra out of my red and pink rose lace previously blogged about here.  As some of you know I live between two homes and desperately need some more underwear so I am not constantly carting clothing back and forth in my bag.  I only have to attach the straps and any little ribbons, bows etc and I will be finished, and I usually try and make a pair of matching panties to go with my bras too.

The heavy rain we had early this morning woke me up far too early for a Saturday morning, but armed with a cup of tea and my laptop I took advantage of the early hour and surfed the net.

I came across this very useful You Tube clip by Nancy Zieman on her pivot and slide method of making changes to patterns, and I think I have to give it a go.  Its so simple and doesn't involve cutting the pattern and inserting bits of tissue.  I have used the Palmer Pletsch method for ages, and it does work, but I do think this is worth giving a go.


So what are my plans for today.  Well first I need to purchase a new bike to replace the one that got stolen on Monday, so I have my trusty two wheels to get me around London again.  I want to finish my bra and I may even run up another twinset to wear out to dinner tonight (we are meeting up with some of Mikes friends). Last but not least our beautiful little granddaughter is coming to visit, so no doubt that will take up quite a bit of time.  Grandchildren are soooooooooo distracting.

Catch you later...............


7 comments:

  1. Just finished one of the worst weeks this year. Like you the week end couldn't come around quick enough. Deep breath and relax. Thanks for the link

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ha must be something in the water this week.

      Delete
  2. I've been using pivot and slide for years, maybe 15 or more. I also have the big book that all her pattern alteration books are based on. It's called "Patternmaking for Fashion and Design" by Armstrong. It's in the $50-100 range, and my mom gave it to me one year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great video clip. I will look at it when I am at Ron Collin's retreat at the end of the month.

    I had a fairly good week but it ended up having to take DD to the emergency an hour and half away. Up at 4 a.m. with that one and was tired for the rest of the day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is awful that your bike was stolen :(
    Your red and pink lace lingerie sounds really lovely. I've been working on a new set too, but it doesn't sound nearly as pretty as yours!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Pivot and Slide and have been using it for years. I love how it doesn't change things like necklines and armscyes and the grain stays proper. Let us know how you like it.

    ReplyDelete