Sunday 9 February 2014

My sewing hiatus has come to an end

Its official I have done a few hours of sewing today, which I believe qualifies me officially breaking my sewing hiatus.


I have spent quite a few weekends tidying my sewing room, emptying boxes and trying to find new, more organised homes for my sewing and haberdashery items.

So here are a few snap shots of my room now - nothing fancy but it will work for now - my dream is to have fitted cupboards but I will have to wait a while for that.





So what did I sew?  Well just before my wedding last May, my daughter gave birth to a beautiful little girl.  I made a start on a quilt for her, but sadly between getting married, moving house, honeymoon, Christmas etc., and not really being able to get into my sewing room, I just hadn't got round to finishing it.


So today I managed to complete all the squares which are now ready to be pieced together, but I want to piece them with black, a colour I have used before, but don't think I have enough, so I may have to purchase some more.

Still Rome wasn't built in a day, and at least I have made a start.  Can you believe that what came as 2nd nature to me, today had me really thinking about it.  This was simple things like refilling the bobbin, and cleaning the dust from the feed dogs.............. lol has it really been that long?????

I knew where everything was in my old sewing room, and although things are tidier here, I can't just lay my hands on what I want, but hopefully I'll get more familiar with my new surroundings soon.

I hope you are all having fun.

Catch you later.................................


15 comments:

  1. So glad you're "back", Pauline...I've missed your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does take a while to learn where the new hiding places are but I'm sure as you spend more and more time in your sewing room, it will become second nature. Glad you got a chance to sew again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to have you back. It does take time to find things when you set up a new sewing room. But it soon becomes your old sewing room and you can put your hands on everything.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great to have you back. You do have a bright, large space to sew in, all your own. I know it will just get more wonderful as time goes on. The quilt will be quite striking with it's black contrast.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for all your comments - nice to know my sewing friends are still out there

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome back ~ great to see you behind the machine again ... J

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good to have you back, glad you have made it into your new sewing room. You'll find everything eventually, it takes a bit of time to get used to where everything is. The room looks very nice and bright. Good to sew in.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I love your bins of fabric. They look like mine!!!!! Gives me an idea for a post, I'll show you mine if you'll show me yours!!!!!! So nice to see that I am not alone ;) Enjoy your lovely new space.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Forgot one thing, welcome back :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I feel like humming a few bars of that 1970s Peters and Lee song, 'Welcome Home'! You'll be back to normal productivity in no time, especially with spring around the corner.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Welcome back! Enjoy getting used to your new sewing space - it looks like a lovely room, especially with the window in front of the machine.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yay! You are back! Great news! Look at all the fabric you´ve got there...lol! I´m looking forward to seeing all the beautiful things that will come out of your new sewing space!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Pauline, I've missed you. This will be a gorgeous quilt for sure!. Looking forward to seeing it all finished!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Welcome back, we're looking forward to hearing from you regularly now that you have a workable sewing space!

    ReplyDelete