Thursday 3 April 2014

Meet the Production Line.

Hi everyone, I hope you are all well.

I would like to introduce you to the Production Line - The Girls & Jim.


These are the latest addition to our family - 8 hens and one Cockerel called Jim2 in honour of my darling Mike's parent's cockerel who was called Jim.

I am really pleased with the gang, they each have their own characters and are giving me a lot of enjoyment, together with some wonderful coloured eggs - check out my blue eggs.

In addition to the new recruits I have been tending my plants in the greenhouse.  Today my strawberry plants arrived and I have been busy planting them in my containers in the greenhouse so roll on strawberry picking in June.

Last but not least, I had to travel to the Netherlands, and I was delighted to meet up with my lovely friend Sigrid.  She showed me her fantastic Ziggi jacket that she made up - boy was it a work of art and let me tell you, the picture does not do it justice.  Based on Sigrid's jacket and Ruth's Jacket I ordered, and have now received, this Style Arc pattern - I may have found the perfect pattern for that lovely soft sued I purchased.


I have been doing some sewing - It will be my lovely granddaughter Lilly's birthday on the 6 May (only around 4 weeks time) and I want to finish the quilt I started before we moved house.

Well that is all my news - until next time, I'll catch you later....................




4 comments:

  1. You have expanded your "family"! How fun. And I bet you are enjoying having a garden. We have plants in our greenhouse and can hardly wait for cucumbers at the end of June, early July. Can hardly wait to see the jacket in suede.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eggs can't get any fresher! I'm so happy you're enjoying your new place so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You sound so happy! The chickens are a great addition to your family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chickens!!! Growing up, my mother decided to have chickens too, and really the taste of those eggs are so different to the ones you buy at the supermarket. Yours are happy eggs!

    ReplyDelete