First I added a short sleeve to the blouse using another sleeve as a template and I reduced the size of the ruffle down the front.
Having mastered the rolled hem on my Babylock surger I rolled the hem on the ruffle, sleeve and bottom hem.
Here you can see the original ruffle on in the background, with the reduced sized ruffle on top - I think going forward that I will use the smaller ruffle.
I had this lilac cardigan that I purchased some years ago, and it had some chiffon fabric threaded through the holes in the front. I decided to replace the old chiffon, and make two new ribbons from the blouse fabric, here you can see the cardigan on Edna over a lilac dress (work in progress), and over the blouse - I think I can get away with wearing the blouse over the dress with a belt and double its use.
I purchased a bag of mixed buttons from a lady on ebay - it had a large number of lovely pearlised buttons, which also match the buttons on the cardigan.
All in all I am really pleased. I wore the blouse with my black pants (see later posting for details) when I was in Paris last week with a green cardigan, and they looked great.