I made my dough for the bread and put it on to rise, and after the first rise, I decided to make some tea cakes (as per Paul Hollywood's recipe). I had the recipe book open and weighed out the flour, salt, yeast, sugar and then looked at the recipe and saw it needed 3 eggs, warm milk, butter etc., so proceeded to add the rest of the ingredients. I was looking at the mixture thinking that it looked a little wet and then realised the error!!!!! My page had flipped over and I had made a hybrid of the two recipes.
The Fruit loaf required other fruits and dried peel which I didn't have, so invention being the mother of necessity, I added the mixed spices, extra sultanas and some more flour to make it less wet.
Here are some pictures of the what I intended making and what I did make.
I have tried one of the smaller teacakes (which are still large) topped with some lemon icing and it was yummy - I hope they last until tomorrow/Sunday because no good for my diet, but well worth making.
Below is a picture of a plaited loaf I made earlier in the week. I wanted to try an 8 plait loaf, but sadly I just gave up and turned it into a 3 plait loaf - perhaps next time. This is a combination of white and wholewheat flour with mixed seeds that I just throw into the mix and onto to the top before baking.
Catch you later................