Sunday 9 January 2011

Another sewing course yippppeeeee and experimenting with suede


Thursday evening I will be driving up to Birmingham again to attend another sewing course with Gill Arnold.  This time I am having a whole day – one-to-one tuition with Gill and then on the Saturday we are doing her Principals of fitting course.

I have been thinking about what I would like the 6 hour time slot to be spent on and I think I would like her to concentrate on couture techniques and I may get her to help me fit a pair of pants.

I will let you know how it went.


I have just recently bought  this Kwick Sew 3764 pattern to see if I
can make something similar to the jacket above.  I have found some beautiful super soft pigskin suede in the taupe colour below from Tandy leather factory.  This will work out about half the price of the jacket from the catalogue, and that includes some special shears to cut the leather, and I also bought a belt  buckles and end tab.  I hope to have enough suede to make the jacket and and belt and perhaps even a bag - any left-over pieces of fabric will be used to trimming pockets, collars etc.  Hopefully the suede should arrive next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment