If you have been reading my blog for a little while, you will know that when I have learnt a new technique I usually follow it up by repeating the exercise again - remember my shirts, bras, twin sets lol. But as the saying goes, practice makes perfect and by sewing another pair of jeans as quickly as possible it allows me to make a few minor changes to help improve the fit and refresh my memory on how best to put these together. In the case of my jeans it may be third time lucky for the 100% perfect pair.
My first pair went together well, but after a little wear they feel a little too big. I made a few minor adjustments to this new pair to correct the size, and although I haven't worn them yet, they are a fraction too tight, but better than the ones that are too big........... This of course is due to the difference in fabrics, these orange pair being a cotton drill.
I used the same embroidery design for the back pocket (sadly the photo doesn't do the embroidery justice), this may become my signature embroidery for all jeans (we will see). I added some extra rivets to the coin pocket on this pair too. One minor change for these was the use of a twin needle, the first pair I sewed each row of top-stitching separately, other than that everything else was done the same.
Still hopefully my diet will kick in and these will fit perfectly in a couple of weeks, in the meantime I have some more denim that can be used and earmarked for my future jeans sewing project.