I used some spare shirting fabric for the under-collar, and to enhanced the zippers too. An extra feature was the addition of a little zipper pocket at the front and added thin strips of purple fabric to the zipper pulleys too. Last but not least rather than turn under the black upper collar, I attached a bias strip to the bottom and then turned it under.
I couldn't get an identical zipper for the neck so had to use a navy zipper which had a smaller pulley, and it was slightly too short so I added the small square of fabric to help cover the gap. You can't really see the navy of the zipper because its covered, but its confession time so I am owning up to my mistake.
Last but not least and the point I could kick myself was despite using a pressing cloth, and hardly touching the fabric, I managed to slightly mark the fabric. It looks worse in the photograph, but if was reading this blog and looked at the photos, I would notice it - sorry just me! I can always spot when someone wears the same dress to a Christmas dinner too lol - I know get a life.
I don't think any of the faults will prevent Mike from wearing this, but I think I am more annoyed at these errors than he will be.
Hope your sewing is going without too many problems. Catch you later..............