Anyhow, now I have vented about the birds (who on this lovely Sunday) repeated their morning alarm for me, over my tea and coffee I was reviewing my list.
I managed to get loads completed yesterday assisted by Mike and Lewis who I directed better than those Toyota car factory workers:-
- putting the glass shelves up in the lounge - DONE
- putting the floating shelves up in the kitchen- DONE
- removing the large shelves in my bedroom- DONE
- remove smaller shelf from my bedroom and give to DD- DONE
- putting up my cabinet for my china ornaments- DONE
- Hang the large mirror in the lounge - DONE
- fill the holes in the bedroom where we removed the old shelves- DONE
- put 2nd coat of paint on the ceiling my bedroom- DONE
- paint the walls my bedroom- DONE
- put up the wallpaper in my bedroom (thankfully only one wall to create a "feature" wall)- DONE finished at 8:30pm last night
- buy a new light for the bedroom and another chrome light switch & 2 sockets- DONE
Now I had to make a bit of a sacrifice last night - my TV in my bedroom was previously on a very very large shelf (installed for my mother when she was alive) which was so difficult to get down I had always left it when I decorated before. Well in my complete house revamp (nope I don't do anything by half - if it is like a marathon up hill then I will be doing it) I decided it was time to take all the old shelves down, fill in the holes and paint. Still I digress - my sacrifice - I EMPTIED ONE OF MY IKEA DRAW SETS (the holder of my fabric stash) TO PUT IN THE BEDROOM FOR THE TV TO SIT ON AND TO STORE MY D MIKE'S CLOTHES.
Now I can hear my fellow sewing enthusiasts gasping in horror at the thought of this, but rest assured, on my way home from work on Wednesday night when I more or less pass the IKEA shop, I will purchase a new set so my precious stash can feel safe again.
So as soon as I post this blog, I am going to get out the Roman blind instructions and get on with some sewing. My DS (Lewis) is coming over this afternoon to finish some of the jobs he had left to do, namely the boiler door, the fuse box cover and get him to put up my Roman blind tracks --- the rest then is sadly down to me.
- Lewis to make a fuse box
- re-install the door over my boiler
- paint the black beam in the kitchen (may have to wait until next weekend)
- Make 2 x Roman Blinds for lounge
- recover the footstools in leftover curtain fabric (may have to wait until next weekend)
- putting up the Roman blind tracks
- cook Sunday roast for all the family - its my D Mike's birthday on Wednesday so this will be my family's special day for him.