My first job was to finish clearing the decorating tools left over from last night - at 11pm last night, I was just too tired to do anything more. That took a little while. Next was to work out how to make the Roman Blind. I am recycling my old curtains and adding a black stripe down the middle of the blind so first step was to calculate the amount for the middle section and those on each side.
Because I am using curtains rather than fabric, and because I am being thrifty with my time, I was trying to save the hemmed edges and bottom. I removed the ruffle tape from the black curtains by snipping the first few stitches and then just ripping the tape off (like I did with the cream curtains), sadly the black fabric was rather flimsy and the fabric ripped. I couldn't cut the ripped part off because I wouldn't have enough fabric so had figure out a way of dealing with the ripped fabric (yes I know it was my fault). for the ripped area I stitched a cream tube and stitched across the ripped area.
first I attached the cream fabric to the black central piece and then did the same with the lining - so far so good. I had added some black out fabric to my old curtains by hand, so wanted the sandwich the black-out fabric between the fashion fabric and the lining (this was a little fiddly).
Next stage was to put a 1.5" hem on the top and sew on the Velcro (loop tape) followed by the Roman blind tape with a 10.5" space between each one. This proved difficult with the bulk of the fabric getting it through the arm of the machine. I have heard that the use of bulldog clips helps (but of course I didn't have any).
I sewed a 2"hem to slip the bottom pole through and then I was ready to hang the blind.
It looks OK, but I think I need a pelmet so will cover some thin wood with the cream or black (haven't made up my mind yet) and then I will be happy.
More later (haven't found the camera yet).