I found my Niece sitting on my doorstep at an hour far too early for a 24 year old, wanting to see my daughter, her cousin and best friend, to unload her sad tale. My daughter wasn't home, so Francesca unloaded all her troubles on to me and one of her worries was that my other sister, her son and daughter-in-law were flying down from Scotland tomorrow for the wedding. Before I could stop myself, I said "don't worry, we will have a "lucky escape" party for everyone here............................................
As mentioned in a previous post I only got back from Houston on Saturday morning, and Monday my darling Mike and I spent our first working week in the flat in London.
This means that already today I have:-
- cycled to the main line train station early this morning, and taken the train to my home town and then cycled home which involved getting up a very very steep hill
- put my washing on to get out on the line to dry
- done a full day's work
- taken my car for a MOT during the lunch period
- Managed to lock myself out of my house so had to call my daughter to come home from work and let me back into the house
- shopped for food for the party and extra items for the flat that we realised that we needed and didn't have
- cooked a big pot of chilli con carne (for tomorrow to feed the troops)
- mowed the lawn (and its now 8:30pm)