Wednesday 6 June 2012

Jubilee celebrations now over

Its been a busy weekend in the UK, especially London where events were held to mark our Queen's 60 years reign on the throne.  

I have to say, for a lady in her late 80's she looked absolutely stunning in all her outfits, and a recent news article said that these were all made by her long-serving in-house couturier, Angela Kelly. 

The Duchess of Cambridge also looked beautiful in her Alexander McQueen dress, designed by Sarah Burton.

Sadly the weather was hit and miss during the celebrations, and we were not in London to see any of this because my D Mike had to go to Plymouth to collect his son's belongings from his university house.  Never mind, I saw lots on TV while I got on with lots of sewing.

Back to work today, just when I was getting used to a lovely long weekend........

Catch you later.







2 comments:

  1. We watched some of it on TV also. Mostly it was in the evening when they recapped the day. I must say the Queen looked stunning each and every day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Queen is an incredible picture of health and vitality. Kate just gets more beautiful every day.

    ReplyDelete