There were 4 things in particular that I wanted to complete this year:-
- Make a Chanel Jacket - I actually made two and one of those was from a beautiful Linton Tweed.
- Make a Bra - Thanks to my lovely friend Sigrid I have made many bras now and love making them so doubt I will ever by a RTW bra now.
- Sew a pair of jeans - During our sewing weekend in Margate in October, some of my fabulous sewing friends helped me fit my jeans muslin resulting in two pairs of jeans which I absolutely love another RTW garment that will not be bought again.
- We can't forget the 10 shirts I made my D Mike during the year which won me two beautiful prizes, my designer handbag and a voucher from Vogue Fabrics which I still need to use. There is more shirting fabric in the stash so I can continue making them for him. I have also signed up for Pam's Craftsy class The Classic Tailored Shirt, to see if I can pick up any more useful tips.
I have met quite a few new sewing friends this year, which would never have been possible without the wonders of cyberland - Those of you I have met in person, or have placed regular comments on my blog have now become dear friends. You all give me inspiration and support for all the things I do be it work, sewing, diets, grandchildren etc - you all know who you are and for that new friendship I thank you.
- lose at least 14 pounds by end of February - I am getting Married on the 18th May and want to look my best for the big day.
- Make my wedding dress - it is no secret that I want to make an Art Deco inspired wedding dress - I have lots of ideas of what I want, but I need to see how my diet goes, try on a few RTW dresses in February (to make sure the style I like suits me) and then start working on my muslin.
- Make 6 bridesmaid dresses.
- Attend another quilting course - this has already been booked and its just before Easter!!!!! Yes I can already hear you saying "how on earth does she think she has time"? Well a friend really wanted to go on one and I agreed to go with her.
- Make a quilt for my daughter's baby which is due 2 days after the wedding.
- Make a bag - there are some wonderful versions out there.
- Sew up my sued purchased over a year ago into a jacket (no's 6 & 7 can prob wait until after the wedding).
- Consolidate my little cottage and Mike's property and get one larger property, large enough to accomodate our ever growing family (we will have 5 grandchildren by the time we get married) however some of original plans are harder to achieve than originally thought.
- Hopefully arrange another sewing get-together with all my friends we had such fun last time, and I think there are one or two others than would like to join us, so I think we will need a bigger house for the next one!
I want to give all my followers and those of you who have commented on my blog a HUGE THANK YOU - All your comments mean so much to me and I always look forward to reading them.
We are having a nice quiet New Years Eve in tonight (my idea of bliss) but whatever you are doing I wish you all a Happy New Year and let me raise a glass to many more hours of sewing in 2013.