Sunday 24 February 2013

New Granddaughter - Sofia and news from my trip to Houston

Hi everyone - I landed at London Heathrow airport from my trip to Houston to some wonderful news, a few hours before I landed that my latest grandchild arrived - I am delighted to introduce you to beautiful little Sofia seen here with her sister Alana and my D Mike.


Both mother Natalie and baby are doing well, and Alana loves her new sister.

This is just going to be a quick post, but the second photo I want to show you is my meet up with the beautiful Dorcas that many of you know from the great blog Art Attack.  Dorcas was wearing that cute little knit dress she reviewed recently on her blog, and it looked just a fantastic in real life. After a little shopping in Jo Anns we then went and enjoyed a lovely Italian dinner, where I enjoyed my favourite drink when in the USA an Appletini.  Thanks for finding the time to meet with me and next time we will definitely do some sewing, or perhaps arrange for a USA TX meet!!!!!!

As you can imagine, we hardly stopped chatting all evening about sewing, past, present and future, including my plans for my wedding sewing - (I only have 11 weeks to make everything (no panic)).



While in Houston I took great advantage of Hancock's sale on patterns, and despite recently promising that I wouldn't buy any more patterns, I managed to squeeze around 30 patterns in my bag.

Well I am still a little jet lagged, and am now babysitting Alana to give mum and dad a much needed break.

I hope you are all sewing up a storm, and there will definitely be more later.......................




9 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Paula! So exciting - new grand baby, wedding coming up! Are you planning time off to sew for your wedding?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sofia is gorgeous and you are clearly one proud grandma with those two beautiful girls and Mike by your side. Great news!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on the beautiful new granddaughter and welcome back. A beautiful family photo, for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Someday you might make a stopover in Atlanta and be sure to let me know you are coming. We can go to Gail K's and some of the home dec fabric outlets.
    Your new granddaughter is wonderfully sweet, as of course is Alana. Here's wishing her a wonderful life!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the beautiful granddaughter. Have fun spoiling her.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for all your lovely comments - Carole if I am ever near Atlanta I will be sure to let you ladies know.

    In answer to Andrea I am going to be off work from the 1st of May so I have time to do any last minute arrangements for the wedding (and sewing of course)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congradulations on the birth your beautiful baby girl.. Big sister looks happy as can be..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations. A new Grandbaby is always welcome IMO. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I saw this picture on Dorcas' blog - which I loved. She failed to mention you bought 30 patterns at Hancocks! You did say 30 didn't you? :)

    ReplyDelete