Sunday 3 February 2013

Southwold and twinsets

My feet haven't touch the floor this weekend, I have been very busy.

My D Mike's parents wanted to take us away for the weekend, and I hate going a whole week without doing any sewing, so in order to get my sewing-fix, I decided to run up my TNT Kwik Sew twinset pattern out of some lovely yellow cable-knit jersey I had in my stash.  However this was achieved at the same time my son brought my DGD to visit, my DD visited and then my sister........  Thankfully I managed to persuade them to chat to me upstairs in my sewing room and Alana was very helpful passing me the pins that I needed to pin my hems.


This is such a quick pattern to make up, and if you have overlooked this pattern, you are missing out on a real gem.  This twinset pattern is a great wardrobe staple that you can make lots of changes to. I rarely do the buttons up on cardigans so for this set I didn't bother with snaps or buttons making it even quicker to sew up.  The entire twinset was made using my serger and cover-stitch machine.

There is a huge discrepancy between the photo of me wearing the twinset and the close-up of the fabric.  I would say the true colour is between the close-up photo and the one photo of me modelling the outfit.  The photograph was taken in the lobby of our room in the Swan Hotel in Southwold.

Southwold is a charming north Suffolk seaside town, with its own little pier, working lighthouse  and beautiful beach huts (that cost a small fortune if you are even able to buy one) overlooking the north sea.  The pier is home to a fabulous water powered chiming clock which entertains people who wait to see what happens on the hour.

We walked off our breakfast by first walking to the harbour and then back along the beach to the pier.  It certainly blew the cobwebs out of our hair, it was very very windy but we had a lovely weekend thanks Mike's parents.

I hope you have all had a great weekend.  Catch you later...............






24 comments:

  1. What a hectic life you lead. And still manage to make everyone happy. Nice outfit and hope you had a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute sweater set...I hope to get another one sewn up before it's too hot but not likely since it's almost 80 today. Your holiday looks lovely! YES!! Cannot wait to see you later this month. Let's coordinate a plan when it gets closer! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hopefully look forward to seeing you soon

      Delete
  3. Lovely Pauline.You look very slim and comfy in your ensemble. I love that pattern and the colour and funny we both sewed cable knit this week. What a picturesque and quaint little town!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Diana, I am gradually losing weight (thank goodness) - Yes Southwold is very picturesque and lovely in the summer months.

      Delete
  4. What a nice weekend and how lovely of Mike's parents to wisk you away. I'm happy you enjoyed yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is years since I visited Southwold - and yes I agree it is a lovely place.
    I love your yellow twin set. It can give a sunny feel until the summer arrives!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, that is exactly what I thought when I wore the yellow - cheers you up in a brighter colour - roll on spring

      Delete
  6. Beautiful twinset. Love the yellow color.. Hope you had lots of fun this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely weekend you had. It's good to know I'm not the only one who "entertains" in my sewing room!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ha ha I even have a chair especially for entertaining - I hate it when I have allocated a certain amount of time to sewing and then everyone and their brother and sister turns up

      Delete
  8. Your twinset is so pretty and the color looks so good on you. I managed to snap up this pattern after seeing a review by you a few months ago but have yet to get it made. Hope you had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mrs K, you should give it a go - its sooooooo quick to sew, great for a quick fix project

      Delete
  9. Looks like a fabulous twinset; I love yellow! It's amazing what a difference the lighting makes, in those two photos the yellow looks so very different!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't have a huge number of yellow items in my wardrobe, but I do like it with black. Yes the colours vary quite a bit - the power of an iphone flash lol

      Delete
  10. Hi Pauline! You look fantastic in your yellow twinset. I only had a couple of them in my life and they are so elegant! I might be needing one! Love those photos of Southwold. Those huts colours are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Merche

      I love them, but that might me my age lol

      Delete
  11. My goodness you're looking great! Love the yellow and enjoyed seeing you pics in the January 13 Burda issue!

    ReplyDelete