Saturday 10 August 2013

Simplicity 1694 - better late than never

Well I can't believe how long its taken me to finish this little blouse, but as I say better late than never here it is.


Pattern description:
Misses' loose-fitting high-low blouse has button front, stand or pointed collar, back yoke and can be made sleeveless or with short or 3/4 length sleeves.

I chose view B but didn't like the way it bellowed out at the sides, so took about half an inch off the side seams.  To be honest I think I could almost get away with the size "S".

The blouse is easy to sew up, and despite the fact its taken me weeks to get this far, you could probably sew it up in an evening.

Changes I made was to use a purchased bias tape to finish off the armholes and to take in the side seams a little.

We are off to the sailing club for a birthday lunch today, and I thought it would be suitable to wear for that today, despite the fact I feel that I look a little like sugary sweet.

Hopefully more later....................

14 comments:

  1. What a lovely, airy top for summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! Lunch at the sailing club sounds lovely. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. your outfit looks very fresh and cool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very summery and perfect for lunch at a sailing club.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look lovely and very summery in your new blouse! Enjoy wearing it to lunch and many other occasions.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks cute, comfy and cool! Cool is absolutely necessary in my part of the world this time of year~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty, looks perfect for warm summer days.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Summer indeed. Hope you had a lovely lunch. Bit cooler here now, with you too?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very fresh and summery! Enjoy lunch ... J

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think it looks fresh and crisp - the darker stripe stops it looking too fairy floss cute, so it should work well for your lunch today. Looks very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like it! The entire outfit is lean and pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is a beautiful shirt and with your colouring, the pink is really stunning. So you think you look a little sweet, no it looks rather sophisticated to me!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very light and floaty for summer.

    ReplyDelete