I decided not to use the pattern pieces in the envelope, but to use my own modified trouser pattern and adapt it. This is a pattern that I measured, adjusted for my sway back, larger tummy, longer leg etc et. I have found this to be the best way to make any trousers that I need because I have the basic shape that fits my body type and then all I need to do is add pockets, belt tabs and other design features at leisure.
For this pair, I chose to add side pockets rather than adding a back pocket. I simply found another side pocket pattern piece, measured the approximate place where I could slip my hand in easily and attached the pockets to the back and front pieces, both sides, before sewing back to front together.
Despite the fact that I did a little top-stitching on the tunic top, I decided not to top-stitch in colour on the pants so that I could wear them easily with other pieces.
|Excuse the rough look - glasses being used as a headband no make-up :-(|
One additional item in this pattern pack was a little bag and I thought I would use this as an excuse to do some more embroidery.
I embroidered two pieces one much smaller than the other to take my iphone ( the smaller one was actually my test embroidery piece and once I hemmed it I realised it fitted my phone perfectly).