Thursday 7 July 2011

Another Baby quilt

We are expecting another new arrival next week so I thought I had better get going on my Moses basket quilt that I promised to make. I still need to add some more ribbons etc but this is it so far.

Embroidery on Janome machine using Madeira embroidery thread
Fabric - brush cotton for the backing and bound edges - cotton polyester for the top.
Ribbons and bows from card-making stash


The entire quilt - I basically marked the fabric into four quadrants and then using my embroidery hoop I embroidered something in each quadrant.  I repeated the cat because I know mum and dad to be, like cats and then added the puppy and the sheep.  See below for better close-up of each quadrant.




Because this is for a little baby I like the tone on tone look so have been sparing with my use of colour.  I may well add some more pink bows (yes they know its a girl) but will see where my creative juice take me tonight.

1 comment:

  1. Oh this is so precious!. I have to start on a "paper Dolls "quilt for our darling Riley for her second birthday in Nov.I made one for Sadie so Riley will be expecting one too (ha!ha!)

    ReplyDelete