The first top I made was with the white jersey I bought when I was with Elizabeth yesterday together with some stretch lace I had in my stash. It sewed up beautifully and I will definitely buy some more.
This is has got to be one of the quickest tops I have made. I was made almost entirely on the serger, only the bust darts were made using the Bernina sewing machine using a stretch stitch. The only thing that held me up was changing my serger from overlock to cover stitch for the hems when I couldn't get the stitch right so took a couple of re-threads to get it right..
So here is the finished top, please excuse Edna's bra not sitting correctly, but I love it and may wear it tonight when my darling Mike and I go out to dinner with some friends.
A close up of the lace detail in the sleeve. I guess I will have to wear a strapless bra.
I decide to use the same pattern to make a PJ top too - I had already made the PJ bottoms in lilac about a week ago, and I had bought some nice paisley print to match and here are my new PJ's