I got back to the cottage this morning and today is the start of a two week vacation for me. However I have managed to bring with me a horrible sore throat and cold, so I don't actually feel on top form right now sob sob.
My D Mike was watching one of the Olympic football matches today, so despite feeling poorly, I decided I needed to get some sewing done. I mentioned a couple of posts back that I wanted to try a cowl-neck top and while I knew I didn't have any standard patterns, I searched through my Burda and my Prima magazine patterns, and found one in the Prima magazine.
I haven't made any of the Prima patterns before, so wasn't sure the of size/fit etc. I cut the pattern as a size 12, and used some burnt orange fabric I purchased in a thrift shop to make up my first muslin. The pattern has no darts in it, but having quickly sewn the top with my serger, I felt that the addition of a dart and my usual FBA would benefit the pattern.
I made the alterations and then found some silky fabric (actually purchased to use for lining a jacket) and here is my end result.