I have managed to move on to the next few stages of my little bridesmaid dresses. I underlined all the skirt pieces (5 in total), stitched the side seams and then did the dreadful task of following all the arrows to pleat the skirts. Having painstakingly marked all the skirt pieces with a marker, in the end, I found it easier to lay the pattern piece over the sewn skirt pieces, mark with a pin and then fold the pleats as directed. Once both skirts had been pleated I used a long running stitch on my machine to hold them in place.
I can already see that the skirts are standing out more with the organza underskirt, in fact they can almost (not quite) stand up on their own. I didn't wash the organza because I wanted it to retain its stiffness and its unlikely that these dresses will be washed.
Here are the two little dresses (WIP) unpressed, and I clearly spent more time arranging the skirt on the left than I did on the right.
It feels good to have moved on a few steps and depending on how the week evolves, I may be able to get both dresses 90% finished by the weekend, leaving smaller changes after fitting Ella DGD No.2 (I have already fitted Alana DGD No.1 so know this is a good size for her).
Phew, it will be fantastic to say 2 down 5 to go............ pressure, what pressure.
Catch you later..................