Tonight I worked on the skirt lining and the ruffles. The lining was a breeze, 3 pieces just sewn together. The ruffles were another story. Now you remember that I am sewing these little dresses for a 2 year old and a 3 year old but because they are similar in size, I have cut out the age 2 years for both girls. There is so much fabric in the skirts as you could see in yesterday's post with all the big pleats, but the ruffles seem to go on for ever.
When I made up my test dress I used a stiffer tulle, but the lemon tulle you see below is much softer and I think nicer for the girls to wear, plus in the first dress I didn't have the interlining which is also adding some stiffness to the skirts.
Can you see you little diamantes on the tulle. Alana was with me when I purchased this fabric, and she is a real girly girl and she loved these, so I hope it makes her feel a little special. I did have to take extra care when sewing this fabric, just in case my needle hit one of the stones.
That is me done for the evening. Tomorrow I'll add the tulle to the skirt lining, and I can now see all the elements of these little dresses coming together. My aim is to finish Alana's by Sunday and have Ella's ready for her first fitting on Sunday too. It is surprising how much work is in such a small dress.
I am getting closer. Catch you later.....................