So last night I cut out Simplicity 4885 to use up the scraps of fabric I had left over from my skirt. I figured that if I made a little camisole top that it would enable me to change the look from skirt blouse to a dress look with the camisole, but then I can wear the camisole and jacket with another future piece of this small collection.
I have been lucky with the princess seams in that both seam lines almost, (about 98%) line up with the skirt.
Here is my progress so far. I made a few tweaks to the pattern. There was a little bit of a gap along the front of this top which required me increasing the seam allowance at the top edge of the front princess seams and tapering back into the original seam about 2.5" down.
The other problem I had was that this fabric didn't have anywhere near the amount of ease that my lovely silk jersey had, so unfortunately I had to add a small strip in the back and put in the original zip as required by the pattern.
Not ideal I know, but I am claiming artistic licence on this (of course I meant for it to be a design feature) lol.