Tuesday, 8 March 2011

Burda frustration

So I have cut out my burda shirt in a lovely white stretch cotton with a light blue pinstripe going through it,  and decided to make the shirt with contrasting  white collar and cuffs.  Because of the contrasting fabric I cut out the stripe first then the white but to my great annoyance, I have lost part of the collar pattern (the piece between the shirt and the collar itself)!

I looked around up in my sewing room (paper patterns have a habit of floating off somewhere when you move things around) I even brought the black bin liner in from outside which was sitting waiting for the bin men to collect and routed through that just in case I threw it away.

It’s a complete mystery I can’t find it – looked around the sofa where I cut out the pattern while watching TV, looked in Helen the hippo pattern packet in case I put it in there – its nowhere to be found agghrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

So I now find myself taking one of MD Mike’s shirts and copying this part in the hope it will fit, alternatively I am sure I have another pattern somewhere with a similar piece that I can copy.  Sadly he turned up from work while I was trying to do this so I had to abandon the rescue process to serve dinner, so will have to resume tonight if I get a chance.

Frustrating or what - I was making such good progress too - I am sure there is a lesson learned here !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment