Thursday, 10 November 2011

Roman blinds again..................

I have just ordered anther 5 Roman blind kits from Terrysfabrics.  I bought the fabric a few weeks ago and have even used some of the bedroom fabric to make a bias binding trim for my scatter cushions for the bedroom.  I have booked tomorrow and Monday off so I have a long weekend, so needless to say I need to get this done as quickly as possible.

My son/builder is coming up on Tuesday to do some last bits and pieces for us here, including hanging our headboards and I will use this as an opportunity to get him to drill the holes for the Roman blind tracks.

I had a bit of a problem with my kitchen window.  It is very wide, and the widest blind kit I could purchase was about 20" too short.  I didn't really want to use two kits on the one window so decided to make a fake blind as it is unlikely 10 floors up, that I am likely to want to shut this particular blind.

While I think I have got the knack of sewing these blinds now - its boring and not my favourite thing to do, but will be satisfying to do the last few finishing touches for the flat.  I also want to do an embroidered cushion, that means  something to my D Mike and me, but not necessarily to the outside world (yes don't tell anyone I am a bit of an old romantic at heart).

I started my V8731 top just before I left for London this week.  I have selected the full-length sleeve version and just need to finish the hems and the neck edges so will post this as soon as I finish.  This was another really quick project, and it looks lovely on Edna, I just hope it looks as nice on me too.

More later...........................................

No comments:

Post a Comment