Thursday 19 July 2012

Bra Making journey continues with matching panties

Ok folks I have now just finished bra No.3 and made matching panties.

Following my trip to The Netherlands last week, Sigrid very kindly raided her stash to give me some much needed notions to complete my bra.  For this bra I used some stretch knit I had in my stash (without the power-net) but while its not as firm as when you do use the power-net, it still fits ok and feels comfortable.  Sadly I had already made 3/4's of the bra so it was too late to insert the power-net, but going forward all other bras will have this included.

I wanted to make some matching panties to go with this bra, so I tweaked my kwik sew 3881 pattern to make them look more commercial.  Sadly I didn't have enough of the lace I used for the bra to incorporate much into the panties, but there is a little bit.

I am not sure how much, if any time I will get this weekend to sew, so it feels good to have completed this project.



Catch you later.................


17 comments:

  1. Very nice! I hoping to start a couple of bras this year too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Belinda thank you, you should have a go - I use the bra I made with Sigrid as my guide, so really I think you could also do the same with a RTW bra as well.

      Delete
  2. Impressive! Looks very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I',m impressed! I would love to try my hand at bra making, ah, one day soon...

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! I can't even imagine trying these.

    You asked about our summer here in Canada. We've had almost two weeks of sun with temps ranging from 26 to 34 degrees Celsius.Most of the days have been quite humid too.Last year we had no sun , no heat and almost no summer ,so we're enjoying this. In Ottawa, where two of my children live, it's been one long heatwave for about three weeks with temps at 35 and above!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Diana thanks for the compliment. As for the weather - what can I say I do believe that there is something to say about global warming - however our summer arrived today.

      Delete
  5. Oh I just saw that you won second for the One Pattern, Many Looks contest! Congratulations! So deserving!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW Pauline, it looks lovely. Many more to follow... a lot of stuff waiting for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. just came down to look at my "reminder photos" because I am making up my black lace with red and pink roses on.

      Delete
  7. I am so impressed with your productivity level! I have always thought I needed to retire in order to have more sewing time, but you are extremely productive while working full time. So that means it's me, isn't it? :(

    Beautiful bra and panties! I have several books on bra making and it is something I wish to try as well. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kay thank you - as for productivity I have always sewn quickly (that doesn't mean its as good as people who sew slower and probably take more time and care than I do) but at the end of the day its what we achieve at the end that is important, not how quick we do it.

      Delete
  8. Beautiful bra and panties. I need to relearn how to do this again.
    Congrats on being 2nd in the PR contest. Job well done.
    At the library catching up. One more week to go without the internet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ann thanks a lot - I know you would have no problem at all relearning this if you have done it before. Thanks for the comment on PR I was thrilled. Hope you get your internet back soon.

      Delete