Monday 23 July 2012

Pink and Red Rose lace lingerie set complete

Hi everyone - we are enjoying a heatwave after weeks of rain here in the UK - I hope you are having nice weather where you are.

As mentioned yesterday I wanted to complete my matching panties to go with my pink and red rose lace lingerie set and I finished work early enough to do these before supper tonight.

As you can see from the photo below I used the picot elastic that I used for the bra for the elastic top of the panties and then for the legs, I sewed clear elastic on the right side of the pantie legs and then turned it under and stitch another zig zag on the top.

For the centre panel I stitched two pieces of the lace right sides together, I then stitched another row of stitching, trimmed the seam and then folded the two stitched rows over and tidied it up with another small zig zag stitch.

For those of you eyeing up the roses down the front yes I know that the roses are not identical.  I wasn't sure how these would turn out so didn't want to waste the lace matching up the roses - will save that for the next pair of panties.

This is the 2nd complete set I have made now and am really delighted with the results - I almost feel glamourous - well nearly ha ha.

Catch you later........


16 comments:

  1. This is so pretty. I'm really inspired to try my hand at making lingerie. Perhaps next year when I have a little more time...but yours is very beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Evie - well Sigrid inspired me and now, as you can see, there is no stopping me ha ha.

      Delete
  2. You should feel glam! It's really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty!! Very lovely set. You're on a roll (like I said you would ;).

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a beautiful set! You are inspiring to me. I think perhaps I am so focused on getting things "right" that it slows me to a total stop. I love how much you get accomplished. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kay, I suggest you have a go, don't worry too much for your first bra just get the construction process right - Sigrids sewing projects has great tutorials on there for you to follow.

      Delete
  5. Just beautiful, Pauline. I am off to Sigrids site. These are nothing short of inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Kuby - you will love Sigrid's site lots of tipsl

      Delete
  6. This is one impressive lingerie set - should I try, should I?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your blogs and information attracts me to come back again n again.
    Intimate Moments Lingerie

    ReplyDelete