Monday 9 July 2012

Painting, sorting,tidying up and bra sewing

Ok, I had two porches to paint today ready for some units to be fitted in the back one any time during the week (so it had to be ready), so I didn't really have any time to myself until my D Mike left to go to London.

One job I could do between drying times was sorting some of my boxes of elastic, trims etc.  They have all been sorted into their own boxes of elastic, trim, bias binding, lace and piping so hopefully they will be easier to find when I want them.  I purchased some more of the handy Ikea boxes to pop them into, and they are now sitting in an old bookcase that was in my old porch (so up-cycled).


Using some lace I had in my stash,  I cut out the cup pieces of a bra.  I am somewhat handicapped because other than the beautiful mink coloured lace and matching elastics etc that Sigrid picked up for me, any other bra making components has to be found in my stash.  I did manage to buy some bra strap elastic (very basic but it will do) which is what I am using for this white bra which is partially made, and I do have some white bra hook and eye closing, which I can use for this one.

I am not sure that I will get this finished until next weekend (unless I am up very early tomorrow), and even that might be a bit of a struggle because we are having a BBQ for the two grandchildren next Saturday, so will be very busy, so lets hope Sunday will be a better sewing day.

I am a little hesitant to sew up the mink lace set Sigrid bought until I have made a couple of bras, just to get me used to assembling all the pieces together comfortably without the expert eye of Sigrid.


I hope you all had a good weekend.

Catch you later....................


6 comments:

  1. It sounds like you had a good weekend with painting, sorting and sewing a bra. I am sure making them will get easier with time, especially now that you have a pattern that fits you properly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, posted as anonymous trying to get my comment posted. On the Mac it does not accept my google account.
    Sigrid

    ReplyDelete
  3. You and Sigrid are so inspiring me to take up bra making. After I muddle through a few more projects I think I will give it a whirl. You may be asked a question or two!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol - I am happy to answer any questions, however I must always defer to the master bra maker Madame Sigrid :-)

      Delete
  4. You are so inspiring Pauline. Bra making! I'm very hard to fit so I really should give it a try!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Diana, I know you would be able to do this no problem at all

      Delete