Sunday 29 April 2012

Blue dress to go with Chanel Jacket

I have been busy today, making the lining for the yellow Burda dress and cutting out and sewing my Linton Tweed version of the dress and you can see my progress below.

I raised the line of the V-shape in the centre of the bodice because the other one revealed my bra.  I am trying to decide if I go for a short sleeve, or the 3/4 length again, just like the Burda picture below.

My only disappointment is that you can't see the beautiful neckline of the dress with the jacket on, so I guess it will have to be the wow factor (I hope) when I take the jacket off.



I have pinned out the pattern pieces on the lining and they are ready to cut out, but I think that's all for tonight folks.

Catch you Later...................

11 comments:

  1. The dress looks terrific, but I think each garment deserves its own Wow moment - the jacket is so lovely you wouldn't want the dress to distract from it, and the neckline of the dress is so fab it certainly would! You will look very smart in both variations of the outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The dress will have its own wow moment. Wonderful combination.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Linda, Karen, Sigrid - thanks veyr much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning and such a beautiful color!

    ReplyDelete
  5. stunning dress and jacket combo...

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a stunning combination. The jacket will be the wow factor when you have it on only to wow the crowds again when you take it off.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The look is fantastic, the dress suits the jacket very well and I like the pearls. I think it is good that the collar does not show with the jacket on, really makes the jacket shine on its own, just with the perfect backdrop. And then, once you have your jacket off, you will have the beautiful dress showing, not boring at all on its own either. Excellent choice overall.

    ReplyDelete
  8. both dress and jacket are wonderful I would go for the 3/4 sleeve as it's a good reason to take off the jacket for that great neckline and it's also more slimming with 3/4 sleeve

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a stunning combination I love both pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  10. lovely stuff, brilliant & beautiful

    ReplyDelete