Saturday 28 April 2012

Changed my mind - new dress design to go with the jacket

Ok so I was looking at my Burda Style magazines and I found the perfect dress in their Sept 2011 issue and its more or less in the same colour as my Linton Tweed fabric too, and I love it.



I haven't really made anything up from the magazines I have purchased, so it seemed to take me ages to trace out the pattern, and then I realised that they didn't include seam allowance,so I had to add them in.

For my wearable muslin, I selected this mustard yellow crepe because I thought I would go with my brown Chanel jacket, and this is as far as I have got today and I love it.

The instruction are dismal - and I must have re-read them 100 times to work out how the wings sit on the dress, but I got there in the end.

The dress is only partially lined, however I prefer my dresses to be fully lined, which is what I am going to do.  One other alteration will be to extend the V-shape in the middle of the bodice because it is quite low and shows my bra.

I hope to get my blue fabric cut out later................




I have updated this page to show the dress on Edna with the sleeves and the zip done.  Tomorrow's job is to cut out the lining, sew and finish the dress and then repeat everything for the blue one.  This is a really slimming dress and I can definitely see a few more being made with different variations.


3 comments:

  1. A perfect dress to wear with your Linton tweed jacket. It is dressy enough for the wedding but also has an element of simplicity.
    You should have no problems fully lining the dress. I think it would be quite easy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful dress and so perfect for spring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning - you will look great from head to toe

    ReplyDelete