I haven't really made anything up from the magazines I have purchased, so it seemed to take me ages to trace out the pattern, and then I realised that they didn't include seam allowance,so I had to add them in.
For my wearable muslin, I selected this mustard yellow crepe because I thought I would go with my brown Chanel jacket, and this is as far as I have got today and I love it.
The instruction are dismal - and I must have re-read them 100 times to work out how the wings sit on the dress, but I got there in the end.
The dress is only partially lined, however I prefer my dresses to be fully lined, which is what I am going to do. One other alteration will be to extend the V-shape in the middle of the bodice because it is quite low and shows my bra.
I hope to get my blue fabric cut out later................
I have updated this page to show the dress on Edna with the sleeves and the zip done. Tomorrow's job is to cut out the lining, sew and finish the dress and then repeat everything for the blue one. This is a really slimming dress and I can definitely see a few more being made with different variations.