As predicted the dye process was not an exact science. Basically the first batch was made with one or two previously used teabags (well I have to keep to some of my thrifty roots) and the 2nd one with about 5. As you can see we have two completely different colours. It came out darker than you can see here, but when I sprayed it with some liquid soda it then turned the colour you see now. Amazing what can happen.
For the fringe trim, I cut a 2" strip and machined down the middle with a zig zag stitch and then pulled out enough threads to create the fringe.
I laid the fringe trim to the jacket with the fringe towards the jacket and the cut edge along the edges of the jacket. I then placed a purchased bias binding on the top and stitched it all the way round.
Once all the hand sewing had been done you get this - I like the glimpse of gold running around the edge.
The hem of the sleeve lining was turned up and then hand stitched into place.
With the sleeves in lining sewn this is where I have got to.