As the pattern cover says, its a semi fitted lined dress with matching belt, and I think it fits the bill nicely.
I have made a couple of sheath dresses in the past, but they had higher necklines and I wanted something a little lower. The down side of this pattern is that it is a size 12 and I really need a 14 for the hip so I came up with a really quick pattern alteration technique. I had previously made up a McCalls shift dress with a pleated top and altered the pattern to fit, so I just matched the waist line marks, using the old pattern for the hip measurements, and folded the top half of the old pattern down, but revealed the top of the new pattern and then cut out the fabric.
The proof as they say is in the cooking, but I am pretty sure it will work ok. I have cut this out in a pretty mint coloured crepe that I bought on my last trip to Wathamstow market. If the first part sews up ok, and looks fine, I will line it and create the first of the 2012 summer dresses.
This dress has 4 pieces, front, back and two sleeve pieces - what a dream. I know I am shooting myself in the foot by saying that, because sometimes you can have more problems with a simple outfit than a more complicated one.
Wish me luck, hopefully some pic's for you to see tomorrow.
Catch you later..........................