Monday 2 April 2012

This and That

I feel like my feet haven't touched the floor since Friday morning.

I left the flat early Friday morning and got back to the cottage by 9:30am ready to log on to work.  Lunchtime I had to dash to the shops and purchase all the ingredients for my chocolate orange birthday cakes.

Friday evening was a massive cooking, cake decorating session creating my birthday cakes that were required for the party on Saturday - see earlier posts.

Saturday we drove to to London for Mike's brother-in-law's 50th birthday party, but we needed to go shopping first, and after the party, we drove to the flat to drop off our shopping (all too heavy to carry up on our bikes).

Sunday another manic day - at 10:30 am we had to drive 65 miles to collect Mike's youngest son and girlfriend (Harry's not Mikes) drive back about 20 miles to the restaurant that we had booked for his other son's 30th birthday lunch, this also happens to be at the venue we will be holding our wedding at next year.   While there we took a quick tour of the marquee they had in the grounds (we have booked a marquee for our reception) - another 6 mile trip to see Mike's other son, take Harry and his girlfriend home (another 30 miles) then back down the motorway towards the cottage, stopping briefly at my dear friends house to partake in the celebrations for her mother's 80th birthday.  Next stop was to my daughter's house, quick visit with the puppy, then on to my son's home to see them and my DGD - drop my daughter back to her house (she wanted to come too) and eventually I arrived home at 8:30pm..............Phew what a long day.

I was hoping to cut out my pattern for the bra that I am making because I am flying to Amsterdam this afternoon, and meeting up with the lovely Sigrid for dinner tonight, and it would have been great to show her my progress - sadly it may just be a paper pattern and the lace lol.  I am very excited about sitting down and having a lovely long chat again.

Well lots to do before I go.  Catch you all later..........................

1 comment:

  1. You certainly had a busy weekend with birthday parties and visiting. Have a great trip to Amsterdam.

    ReplyDelete