Sunday 8 April 2012

PR Vintage pattern Contest

I haven't really entered many contests, but I quite fancy entering the PR Vintage contest.  Click here for the rules and then click on button next to vintage contest.

Unlike some of my fellow bloggers I just CANT throw my old patterns away, and this Butterick pattern was no exception.

Pattern description:  Loose fitting blouse with or without self or lace neckline ruffle has self drawstring neckline and full-length raglan sleeves elasticised at wrist.

I first made this pattern in the 70's when I was around 19 years old, yes I know I am getting old.  I made up view D in the white with some lovely white lace and I LOVED that top and think I wore it on my first holiday abroad to Greece.

I had a couple of evenings spare last week and cut out this little shirt again to double up - first to wear to my D Mike's sister's birthday party and second to enter it into the PR Vintage contest and here is the result.


I made a minor change to the original pattern by adding a cuff to the sleeve so I could add some vintage buttons my sister picked up at a boot fair.  Other than that, I just followed the old instructions.

This is a really easy top to make - When I can find some deep lace similar to that in view D,  I will make this up again and really re-live my past ha ha - perhaps it will make me feel younger too - No, oh well only dreaming.

For the body part of this top I used a two tone soft black satin which has a gold shimmer going through it.  and a plain black chiffon for the sleeves and frill.

I am wearing this with my TNT pants made from McCalls 5239.  I added some double welt pockets to these using a faux leather.  I made the pocket bags extra long so I could pop my mobile phone in them but it sits lower down on my leg and doesn't great too much bulk around my tummy area (which doesn't need any extra help).

The top can be worn on or off the shoulders.

If you like my top, please vote for me on PR - thanks a lot.

Catch you later....................


11 comments:

  1. Voted xx good luck and happy eastern

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, just added my vote as well...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your top and will give you my vote.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely top and I am trying to figure out how to vote for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ann I too found it difficult to work out how to vote
    but I don't think the voting has started yet - thanks for saying you will

    Voting Starts : 04/17/2012 Ends: 04/25/2012

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've made a 70s top look so modern and elegant. This looks like a real classic to me. Don't you love the hair styles on the envelope?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice! I love the fact that you have kept this pattern since you were 19. It really looks beautiful on you and nice job adding the cuffs to show off your vintage buttons too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you all for your lovely comments

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh that's a great top and I'm sure you look as good in it now as you did when you were 19!

    ReplyDelete